Saturday, November 1, 2008

What was I thinking?!

A few weeks ago, I was talking about how I need to be less "high maintenance" and more outdoorsy. Well I might be eating my words later tonight! Helen, David, Kat, Matt, Ellen & Terry have been planning a camping trip for Saturday night. They didn't mention anything to me b/c they knew I would never agree to go. The one and only camping experience (if you want to call it that) went a little like this...
College, 14 girls, 2 tents, slept on a root, boys came and scared us at 3am dressed in camo and we had no clue what we were doing that one night in the woods. It was a miserable experience and I swore never to camp again.
Fast forward to last weekend when Ellen talked me into camping. I asked Mike to experience this with me and he quickly agreed. I still am not sure if he agreed so quickly b/c he wanted to
go camping or wanted to laugh at me the entire night.

Here are some reactions from people when I told them I was going camping:
Couldn't stop laughing, Mike better find the nearest hotel and make a reservation for me, YOU aren't really sleeping in a tent, choked on their drink and spit it out, can't wait to hear these stories.

This makes it even more exciting for me b/c I want to prove everyone wrong! Yes, I am stubborn and I will learn to like camping (in a sleeping bag, in a tent, in the woods, in the
mountains).
I have been mentally and emotionally preparing this whole week and I think I'm ready! We have all the necessary gear to make it a semi-comfortable experience.
I slept in my sleeping bag with the windows open this week to prep for the trip :)
I will blog about the adventure if I make it back on Sunday...

1 comment:

Life's A Beach.... said...

I cannot wait to hear about your adventure! Maybe by the summer you'll be ready for the backcountry hiking we did in Montana....imagine 5 days with no shower!! YUUUUMMMMMY.