Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I survived!

It's true, I survived my camping experience last weekend. To be honest, I had a great time! Don't get me wrong, I won't be begging to sleep in a tent anytime soon...but I would go camping again.

Mike and I headed to the campsite Saturday afternoon to meet up with our fellow campers. We had a few snags in the location, but thanks to Davids ability to flirt with old women we found a new location. Thanks bun boy for your skills!

The location was perfect...lots of grass, stream, car near by, and there was even a bathroom. I had to walk a little ways to get to it, but I got to use it twice. (I did pee outside every other time)

One by one, everyone arrived and set up camp. Mike set up our tent and I rolled around inside to make sure I wouldn't be sleeping on any rocks. (he made me do it just so he wouldn't have to hear me cry or complain all night long)
We all went on a hunt for firewood... I carried my green harris teeter bag to collect sticks! I looked like I was trick or treating in the woods. The guys started a fire and we began to cook our Paul Dean foil packets. Everyone sat around the fire and enjoyed their dinner...they were SOOO GOOD!!!
After celebrating Caroline's birthday with a cookie cake, we broke out the hot chocolate and began to play games. Catch Phrase was the game of the night. Guys vs. Girls...I started out strong but then it was all down hill for me.
It was getting colder and I knew bedtime was quickly approaching. We all begin to get ready for bed (meaning we put 65 layers on and stood by the fire to get warm before running to our tents). I climbed in my mummy sleeping bag and went to sleep. I knew I survived camping when I woke up alive the next morning!!! I heard Ellen yelling my name and asking if I survived. We all had breakfast by the fire and sweet Matt made everyone fabulous coffee.

We cleaned up camp and headed out. All in all, I had a great time. Camping would not have been as much fun if it wasn't for the company. My friends made the camping experience well worth it.

*Becca Fort-Sorry to say I won't be on any 5 day backpacking trips anytime soon. I will be happy to hotel hop for 5 days so you have a place to shower :)





1 comment:

Lora said...

Wow I am impressed! I figured you would have at least one freak out moment to share, perhaps about a spider in your tent :) Glad you didn't freeze!