Thursday, September 18, 2008

Empower ME!!!

My VERY TALENTED friend, Amy, started her own photography business a few months ago (Blue Bucket Photography). I love reading her blog everyday and seeing what new photos she has taken. She has been blessed with an amazing talent and I'm excited to see it grow.
Amy decided to start a project called BELIEVE-Portraits of Women. She asked all the girls in our bible study help her kick it off and be apart of the project. Oh boy :)

Here is her goal for the project-
The goal: Empower you, the women around me, to see yourself from a new angle. To enjoy what others love seeing in you—grace, love, humility, confidence, talent, sincerity, fierceness, loyalty, laughter and joy. The fact of the matter is that we are bombarded all the time with images that tell us how we should define beauty, and I have had a lifetime of wrestling with how I fit within these definitions of beauty. This project is all about empowering women to believe in their own beauty.

Caroline and Helen were the first women to participate. Their pictures are beyond AMAZING!!! One because they are gorgeous women, but also because Amy does such a great job.
Ellen and I are scheduled to do our shoot October 2nd, and I have to admit I'm already nervous. I LOVE taking pictures of other people but I'm not that great in front of the camera. I guess that is the whole point of the project...I think this is going to be really good for me!!!
Amy- work your magic please.
Please take a look at the two beauties-Caroline and Helen! If you need a photographer, Amy is for hire :)
http://bluebucketphotography.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/09/believe-first-sneak-peek.html

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love you Gibbs! Thanks for the rockin shout out and I can't wait to see you through the lens. Oh your gonna feel AMAZING!

Lynsey said...

I just made a post on my blog about Amy's project! It's amazing and I love the goal of it. Tara's pictures turned out great. I can't wait to see yours. I know you will look and feel amazing! Thanks for introducing me to Amy's blog.