Thursday, September 18, 2008

Analogies

You remember way back in the day when we took the SAT's and scored 1600's? Oh wait, that wasn't me but Bones :)
There was an analogy section and you had to match 2 words that had a direct relationship. (if that isn't what you were supposed to do then I'm not sure how I passed) Anyways, lately I feel like this is the analogy of my life- Becky:control freak.

Routine and structure are things I love in life. I like to control situations so these things stay in place and life is happy! I have a hard time just "being" and letting the Lord work. That is where "trust" comes into play. Do I trust myself- YES, do I trust the Lord- sort of. not good enough!
One of my sweet friends has been praying for me and sent me this verse today. Nothing else in the email, just this verse.

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths."

Rely on the Lord and not yourself- man, what a novel concept!
So I plan on making some new analogies in my life. You will just have to wait and see...

1 comment:

Ross and Amy Free said...

I hear you- funny how many times I have to learn that lesson, and funny how soon I forget it and have to learn it again...
-Ross