Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I drove all night...

LITERALLY!
My phone rang at 1am on Tuesday morning. I was told Em's water broke and Abby was on her way into the world. The little princess decided to come 4 weeks early and arrive on 11.10.09!
I jumped in the car around 2:30am and started driving to TN. I was on "Nate duty" all day Tuesday and we had a ball. We sang, danced, played and laughed a LOT.

I was so excited to take Nate to the hospital so he could meet his baby sister AND I really wanted to meet her too! Nate did great- held her, kissed her and said he loved her.
Abby Reece is so tiny, has the cutest little lips and makes hilarious noises.

I am SOOOOOO proud of my sister! She did it this time with NO DRUGS!! That was not the plan but Abby came so fast there wasn't anytime. Em is a ROCKSTAR and Abby & Nate are lucky to have her for a mom.

Here is a sneak peak...I will let Em post all the other pictures first.
Nate checking out Abby for the 1st time

5 comments:

mary leigh said...

Abby is beautiful!

And I'm glad I got to see you and the R.O.C.K!

Erin said...

yay so awesome! does abby look like when nate was first born too or i am making that up? i also see amy free has a post called becky and mike engaged, so checking that out next :).

Emily G. said...

Thanks sis!!! You were a lifesaver, driving thru the night and taking care of Nate. I can't thank you enough!

Nate misses you btw...

Amy said...

She is just the most beautiful little bundle. Congrats Auntie Becky!!!

Lora said...

I am so jealous! Although you probably did a better job wrangling Nate than I would have :)