Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fat Camp

I am thinking about enrolling after all the delicious food I ate the past few days!

Wednesday we headed to the lake for the Russo's annual Thanksgiving dinner. As usual, the food did not disappoint and its a good thing because there was a ton of it. The big news this year...I tried collards for the 1st time and LOVED them!

Thursday I woke up and it felt a little weird to still be in Charlotte. I have spent every Christmas and Thanksgiving with my parents. Usually I wake up to the smell of coffee, the sale ads laid out for me, the Today show on, dad washing the cars or running and mom telling me Happy Thanksgiving.
This year was a little different and that's okay. I LOVE traditions (thanks mom) and I'm excited about starting news ones with my future husband!!!!!

Mike and I took the dogs for a really long walk before heading to his grandparents house. A lot of the Dorsey/Staton clan was there to celebrate Thanksgiving together. The food was AMAZING and there was plenty of it. Grandpa even video tapped the entire meal...hahaha!
Mike's mom knew I loved my mom's squash casserole so she made that this year as a surprise. It was so yummy and was very thoughtful.
To keep my favorite traditions alive, Mike bought us tickets to see The Blind Side. It was a great way to end our day and the movie was AWESOME! (go see it right now)

Mike's Aunt Wendy sent us home with her homemade carrot cake. I love carrot cake and have had a ton in my lifetime, BUT this is BY FAR the best I have ever had (sorry if that offends anyone). I'm totally serious...I guarantee this will be the best you have ever tasted. I will post the recipe once Aunt Wendy emails it to me. SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

All in all, it was a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. I missed my parents and sisters but I will see them for Christmas in a few short weeks!!!

2 comments:

Lora said...

I am glad you and Mike are making your own traditions for the holidays :) He and his family are very sweet for observing your favorite parts of Thanksgiving too! I need you to make that carrot cake for me.

Lynn said...

That is a LOT of food there!