Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I love birthdays

I have always loved celebrating birthdays and I hope that never changes! We will be on the Staton family vacation for Mike's birthday, so I thought we should celebrate it a week early.
I hosted a small surprise birthday dinner party last weekend. I told Mike I was taking him on a "date night" and when we came over to get me, all of us said SURPRISE!

I had so much fun cooking dinner for everyone and just hanging out. Phil was nice enough to grill everything for me so Mike could have a night off! We had a delicious carrot cake from Edible Art to round out the night :) I think everyone had a great night and I'm glad everyone was able to come celebrate Mike!



4 comments:

Lora said...

yay! Mike deserved to be surprised :) Glad you pulled it off! YUM CARROT CAKE

Emily G. said...

what a good gf! finally, YOU'RE doing some of the spoiling, haha! :) have fun in gatlinburg!!!!!!!!!!

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

What a great surprise for him, I know he loved it! SUCH a cute picture of you guys in here, and I'm drooling over the thought of that carrot cake!

Lynn said...

You are such a super girlfriend!