Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer fun

I love the summer time...morning walks, laying out, beach vacations and of course cooking out with friends!  

This was the first year that I didn't get to attend the Gibbs annual beach trip.  Mike and I were planning to head to our family's beach house, but after my doctor's appointment and a sore lower back...we didn't feel like an 8 hour car ride was a good decision.  Since I was in a state of depression, Mike suggested we still take Friday as a vacation day and just spend the day relaxing.  We went for a long walk on the greenway in the morning and then spent the rest of the day at the pool!
That evening, we headed to the Martin's house for a fun cookout with friends.  Everyone brought a delicious side and Chris did a great job grilling the meat.  The weather was perfect and I really enjoyed catching up with all the ladies!  The men occupied themselves throughout the evening with beer, soccer, cornhole and ladder golf.  I had a great time watching all the cute kiddos play and asking all the mom's for advice on what the heck I have coming.  

photo bomb at it's finest





Saturday morning we met the Pugh's at a restaurant right around the corner from our house.  It's a weekend tradition that we try to do as often as possible.  It's so fun for all of us to walk over to the restaurant, sit outside and enjoy an early breakfast together.  The rest of the day was spent running errands and laying by the pool.

Sunday afternoon we headed to the Pugh's house for a big Father's Day cookout.  Everyone swam, hung out, ate and played with more babies.  The Pugh's are such great hosts and we always have such a great time at their house.
I was sad I wasn't with my family at the beach, but thankful we got in some good friend time. It also helped that my sister was great texting updates and pictures all weekend long!

No comments: