Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Don't Mess with Texas

I took a quick trip to Austin, Texas last week for work and tried to see as much of the city as possible. A few friends recommended eating at Chuy's and experiencing 6th street. Sixth St was first on my list. It was near my offices downtown so I headed that way for lunch and a drink at the end of the day- Success!


Chuy's was next on my list and it didn't turn out so well. My friend, Ryan, told me I had to go to Chuy's and I promised to text her from the bar. Well, I went there one night and the wait was around 5 YEARS...fail! I was about to eat the hostess because I was slowly dying of hunger.

I then stumbled upon this little gem and my night turned around. I am a sucker for cupcakes and had to experience one made in an airstream. Come to find out, there are 3 more of these beauties around the Austin area. The cupcake was pretty good, not the best, but the experience was totally worth it.

The trip ended as quickly as it began but I was glad I got a little taste of Texas.

No comments: