Wednesday, August 17, 2011

NYC

I got to spend 2 weeks in the city that never sleeps...comical, I know. Actually, I had a great time, got enough sleep and was a little sad to leave.Let's recap- After a fabulous time in Boston, we flew from Boston to Charlotte, I changed suitcases, said bye to my husband, and walked right back into the airport to head to NYC! Are you still with me?!
Our hotel/event was in Time Square so I was a little over stimulated and actually missed the slow pace life in Knoxville (just for a second though). We had a great 1st week onboarding all the new hires in our campus program. Even though we worked a lot of hours, we mixed in some fun events. Week 1 included a boat/dinner cruise, my first Cuban dinner, cupcake tour of NYC, and a lovefest with Kat & Masser! I haven't seen Masser since App homecoming weekend a few (maybe 4) years ago. Needless to say, I practically peed my pants when she walked in the restaurant. Masser hasn't changed a bit, and I loved catching up on life, hearing about her next adventure options (CLT please) and laughing about so many college memories. Kat, Masser and I ate and drank the night away and they made me stay out way too late...but it was totally worth every minute!
I flew home for the weekend because it was Mike's actual 30th birthday. My parents were staying at our house while they watched my niece and nephew. Sis was moving to Bama, so nanny and poppy were on babysitting duty. Yes, Mike spent his actual birthday with 2 kids and his in-laws...he was a trooper!!! We had a busy weekend celebrating Mike's birthday and playing with the kiddos. I took an obnoxious amount of pictures, as usual-go Em's blog to see them!

I headed back to NYC and was ready for another full week of work & fun! Week 2 included a dinner/tour of the NBC studios which was amazing, bowling and some night time fun.
I had to travel around NYC for different events that week so I got to see much more of the city. The "cab highlight" of week 2 was when the taxi driver didn't know the location of where I was trying to go (I was going to a well known financial district location and was baffled that he didn't know where to go) . He pulled over and asked 2 different taxi drivers and still didn't really know where to go. I needed to take control of the situation, got out my iphone and let him look at the map while driving. Thank you technology!

All in all, I had a great time working with my teammates (WHO I LOVE) and having fun in the city. Kat did try to convince me that I could live in NYC, which is quite a compliment, but we all know that isn't true. I'm not that flexible/easy going/non controlling person...wish I was though! Have you seen how well Knoxville's going?!?! :) It's a wonderful city with so much to offer and I cant' wait to go back in a few months.


No comments: