Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cinco Knoxville Style

Cinco de Mayo 2011 was spent having dinner and game night with our Sunday school class. I love playing games and sometimes get a bit too competitive (surprising, I know). Mike warned me that these are still considered "new" friends so let's not scare them yet. It was a fun night of food, games and laughter...and we ended the night with the same number of friends!

James & Jenny talked us into a late cinco celebration on Friday night and we can't say no to Mexican food. It was "First Friday" in downtown Knoxville where all the shops and galleries stay open late and serve wine/dessert. After we ate ourselves silly, we walked around downtown enjoying live music and going through all the galleries.
I was excited about the free wine, but this is what was in EVERY gallery-fail! It actually made me smile and think about my Charlotte bible study ladies (NYC bible study girls too)!
We ended the night at a fun bar with a great wine selection, free roses, a crazy DJ and lots of people watching...and I stayed out way past my bedtime. It was a great start to the weekend.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That sounds like such a great fun night! I miss those!