Sunday, June 8, 2008

Lovin the Lake

This was another lake weekend...
Lora made the trek from Raleigh to Charlotte to spend the weekend at the lake with us.
We spent most of the day in the pool because it was SOOO HOT! We had a fun day filled with food, drinks, friends, sun and the amazing pool!

Mike and Robby spent the evening grilling our dinner. I think it took them 12 hours just to cook 2 chickens (stuffed with beer cans) and a ton of ribs...or maybe it just seemed to take that long. I wish I had taken a picture of those two prepping and grilling the meat.
Dinner was awesome and we all stuffed our faces.

Dinner highlights-
Jaden said no-no to my bean salad and made the funniest face
Robby laying on the couch eating his food with his eyes closed
Clark was drunk
It got so quiet you could hear a pin drop
Kelly almost chucking jello and rib bones at me
the word BM said all throughout dinner
Robby cutting the biggest piece of cake ever and eating every bite of it
Kelly saving food on her shirt to munch on later

Despite all that...we had a great time as always!

2 comments:

Lora said...

now I want some cake.

Amy said...

I'm hoping that this weekend will be another lake weekend for you... eh? WIth the Bruce's?!?! Miss you Pooks.