Monday, May 26, 2008

Who I Am

Last Saturday, the Gibbs women threw a bridal shower for Erin Valenti. Em and Nate flew in from Nashville (Nate's first flight) and we all met in Clemmons for the shower. I love spending time with my family. We are all completely different but so much a like...is that possible?! As I drove home, I started to think about each of the Gibbs woman and how much influence they have had in my life.

Lora(bones) has always been a "mom" to us and continues to take care of us. She would do anything for us and not think twice about it. She has such a giving heart and is always up for an adventure. L does not have a selfish bone in her body. She continues to show me what it means to strive for excellence at home and work. I admire her for the person she is and what she continues to become.

Em (country bumpkin) has always been my sounding board and defender. During my "hard years" Em was there to help me survive and push me to be a better person. As she has gotten married and become a mom, she has blown me away. She is a combination of organized and laid back at the same time. She goes with the flow but manages to keep everything on a schedule. I admire her for being an amazing mom, wife, sister and friend.

The three of us are who we are because of our mom (and dad). We always pick on mom and make fun of her for getting married so young. But its pretty amazing that mom and dad have been married for so long and survived raising 3 women. Mom has loved each of us unconditionally everyday since we were born. It might have been harder with me, during the "hell years", but I love her more because of that. Mom always said she wanted to raise strong, respectable, kind, independent women. Not to toot our own horns, but I think she did a darn great job. The 3 of us have learned so much from our parents. They gave us more than they should, loved us more than we deserved and never thought twice.

Mom, Em and Lora are the 3 most important women in my life. I adore each of you more than you will ever know, and I am so thankful for your help in shaping the person that I am today.

I had such a great saturday with my family. Here are some fun shots of days..



1 comment:

Emily G. said...

Thanks sis! Love you too!! And I must say, you have come a LOOOONG way.....from being a devil-child and then bratty teen to this professional, successful, kind, and wonderful woman! I am so proud of my little sister! :)