Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Spontaneous

Well, I need to play catch up since I have been MIA for a while.
This post may surprise you since it has the word "spontaneous" as the title. I am usually spontaneous about twice a year...and most of the time, I prep myself for being spontaneous. But I decided to put my big girl pants on and go for it!
That is when the last minute road trip with Kel Kel was born! She needed to look at the Jekyll Island Resort before she signed the contract for her wedding. So we took off work and drove down to GA. The road trip started off like all the rest, us being ridiculous and me taking pictures. Then the quest for a chickfila began. Once I get an idea in my head of what I want, I don't like to change it. We drove for 2.5 hours trying to find an exit with a Chickfila. (please note- I had to pee this entire time and Kelly said we could only stop once. So the determination began. I wanted Chickfila that bad so I held it....determination I tell ya) I would have thought there was one between Columbia and Savannah...but NO! As we were driving, I got on the internet and tried to research the closest one. Finally, at exit 104 we found it!



The next morning, we met the event planner at the Jekyll Island Resort. The resort is amazing!! She took us on a tour of the Crane Cottage (not really a cottage with all 13 bedrooms, courtyard and huge garden). Kelly has decided to get married outside the Crane Cottage and have the reception in the courtyard and inside the cottage. September 2009, here we come!

Walking up to the Crane Cottage

Courtyard

Another view of the courtyard

No comments: