Monday, March 26, 2012

Jam PACKED weekend

Our weekend was filled with basketball, friends, baby stuff and packing...mostly packing though. Needless to say, I am tired and sore today.

Friday, "we" watched the Carolina basketball game and packed. You can imagine who did more of the packing that afternoon and evening! When the husband could focus for a minute, we had many conversations that started out like this..."why are you keeping that", "do you really need that" or "it's time to say goodbye". We both parted ways with a lot of stuff and it felt good to take so much to goodwill.

Saturday was breakfast with friends and then nursery shopping! We finally found and purchased Anderson's bedroom set, chair and picked out the chair fabric. The first thing I did when we got home was check those items off my very long t0-do list. It felt soooo good! There's still lots to do with the nursery but the large items are complete.
The rest of Saturday was spent knee deep in boxes and tape.

After church and a baby shower, guess what we did for the rest of our Sunday...PACKED! We did manage to meet Alan and Erica at a local sports bar to watch the Tar Heels. (fun side note- the owner of this restaurant used to be Mike's boss when he was a waiter in Charlotte during high school. small world!)
After drowning his sorrows in beer, Mike and I headed back home to pack more stuff.

Needless to say, I'm over packing. All our boxes are labeled, numbered and correspond with my master list. I'm ready for these movers and will not let them pid
dle on move day. I'm on a mission people!

About a quarter of our boxes. It's a good thing my husband was really good at Tetris growing up
Our very sad closet
Is it Friday yet?!

No comments: