Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Charlotte fun

I think I'm finally recovered from a L.O.N.G work week in Charlotte. My company had 500+ recent college grads start last week into one of our many development programs. It was 5 days filled with presentations, suits, talking, schmoozing, no sleep, time with my teammates and trying not to scare my new hires. Even though it was an exhausting week, I really had a good time getting to know the new hires and spending some quality time with my teammates.

team building activity with some of the new hires

The highlight of the week was a team dinner at my manager's house. We ate, drank, painted mugs for each other, laughed and cried together...it was one great evening. My friend, Kara, has been waiting to adopt for 10+ months and just found out they are going to be parents to a baby boy! She shared the news with with the team and the ugly cry began. So many people have been praying for their journey, and I was so happy to hear their prayers had been answered.

celebrating some team birthdays
CUTE Emerson at Kelly's house
Family dinner at Kelly & Robby's new house
Friday morning, Mike flew into Charlotte so we could spend the weekend with the Staton Family. His brother, Tim, was home for a few days before he gets deployed for another tour. He is leaving later this week for a year in Afghanistan and we were soaking up as much quality time as we could. PLEASE say a prayer for Tim and the 100+ men he will be leading in Afghanistan over the next year.

Mike, granddaddy & Tim

After a weekend full of family and friends, we were excited to head back to Knoxville AND our own bed. I'm flying solo this week because Mike is traveling (again) and O'Malley is living with my parents for a while.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Oh you are too sweet to share our news!!! I was so happy to tell you!