Thursday, March 3, 2011

Yummy cookies

I have a bad sweet tooth and I blame it entirely on my dad. If you know my dad, he is always eating candy/cookies, buying them in bulk to store in the garage or mailing us sweets. Needless to say, my family has no shame eating desserts.

So it makes sense when I find a new sweet recipe, I have to try it immediately.
These cookies were a huge hit at a few parties we attended and we left with an empty plate.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 stick butter, softened/room-temp
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 egg (or flaxseed-egg)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips or peanut butter chips

Directions:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix sugars and butter till creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix till combined.
  4. Mix wet into the dry.
  5. Gently fold chocolate chips into the dough, without over mixing.
  6. Refrigerate dough for at least 20 minutes before using a small sorbet scoop to scoop out dough into small mounds. Roll each mound into a ball and spread evenly on a baking sheet.
  7. Bake balls for 10-14 minutes, depending on how set you want your centers. (I baked mine about 11-12 minutes b/c I wanted them to be undercooked in the middle)
I like this recipe b/c it doesn't make a ton of cookies...maybe 15-20 cookies. ENJOY!

here is the original recipe.

No comments: