Monday, March 7, 2011

Disappointment #1

Mike and I have been house hunting for a while now and haven't had much luck (the selection in Knoxville is much different than Charlotte and we are probably too picky). We feel in love with a house right around the corner from our Charlotte friends, but it needed more renovations than I was willing to endure.

At the end of last week, we FEEL IN LOVE with a house that just went on the market. We actually knew the Realtor and he was kind enough to give us the first showing.
The house won us over- great neighborhood, old house with lots of charm, JUST completely renovated and we could close quickly.
We toured the house yesterday and then made an offer on the spot. There were 5 other showings yesterday but we still felt hopeful. We got a call last night that there was a full price offer-BOO. Going above the list price was out of our "comfort zone" seeing that we have 2 other mortgages. Thankfully we have wonderful renters right now but you never know what the future holds.

I am being "Debbie Downer" right now and plan to mope around all day. I know this happens all the time but I have never experienced the ups and downs of house hunting...guess I will get used to it!
I will put on my big girls pants tomorrow (maybe) and continue the house hunt.

Knoxville friends-If you know of any houses going on the market, let me know!

No comments: