Monday, April 21, 2008

First Offical Post

And it begins...

I have wanted to start a blog for a while now but kept putting it off. To be honest, I was a little nervous about starting one. I read so many great blogs created by talented writers. When someone describes me, they would NOT say "Becky's forte is english and she is such a great writer." God skipped me when he was handing out that gift.

Thanks to my friend Emily, I finally finished my "100 things to do before I die" list. The number 4 item on that list was "create a blog." I guess after my first post, I could just check that off the list and never post again. We'll see how this whole blog thing works out.

But creating that "100 list" really got me thinking. My life is filled with lists, so some might think this is just another list so I can feel more in control of my life. This one is different in so many ways. 1) I don't feel in a hurry to complete the list to make myself feel more accomplished. 2) I get excited when I read it and not overwhelmed. 3) It makes me feel really adventurous. 4) But as usual, I am looking forward to checking things off the list!

I will let you know when I get to check things off my list...I know everyone is dying to know!

I do have to give a shot out for a fabulous weekend in Winston. We all celebrated the marriage of Megan and Scott Wollaston! They are relaxing in the Jamacian sun right now and I'm trying to keep my jealousy to a minimum.

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment:







3 comments:

Lora said...

I love it! So excited to read what you write Bec :) I'll be Mom for a sec and say anything you write will be interesting to me!

wb said...

I'm so excited to have something to do besides read and watch tv! Now, not only am I jobless and homeless, but I can add blog stalker to that list! Thanks for including me in your blog, I can't wait for all of your updates!

Katie Jo said...

What else is on your do before you die list?