Sunday, May 19, 2013

Family Beach Trip Part 2

The 2nd day at the beach was just as great!  Anderson slept like a champ and was in the best mood when he woke up.  After breakfast, we took a long walk on the beach and road.  While Anderson talked non-stop to himself, Mike and I dreamed out when we will be able to buy beach property.  I love dreaming with that man!


After a long morning nap, Anderson woke up to special visitors.  One of my best friends from high school, Tara, and her daughter came down to play for the day.  Anderson and Charlotte Hope began playing on the floor and I have to say...it was love at first sight!
We spent the rest of the day playing on the beach,eating lunch, great naps, girl time for me and Tara and playtime at the pool.  It was a very full day for both of the kids and I couldn't stop taking pictures.





It was so fun to be able to hang out with Tara and watch our babies play.  We always talked about having kids around the same time (5 year plan!!!) but I never really knew if that would happen.  Thankfully God knows I'm crazy pants and need lots of women around me that are in the same stage of life!






Saturday was spent about the same way...walk, house dreaming, beach, pool, naps and the park. 





We decided at the last minute to leave on Saturday night (instead of Sunday morning) so Anderson would sleep the whole way home.  Mike packed up the car while I got Anderson ready for bed.  We left the beach around 6pm and Anderson slept the entire 4 hours.  BLISS!
We got up Sunday morning and heard a powerful Mother's Day sermon and I was so thankful we decided to come home early.
Mike and Anderson did a great job showering me with love, food and gifts on Mother's Day.  I couldn't have asked for a better 1st Mother's Day.

(yes, I know I look tired in this pic)


We had a great vacation and I am even more excited for the annual Gibbs family beach trip!  Less than a month and I get to play with my sisters, niece and nephew on the beach.

1 comment:

Emily G. said...

he's such a stud in that last pic!!!

glad you guys had a great family beach trip; the first of many in A's lifetime I'm sure! :)

and yes, the countdown is on till our crazy family's beach week!!!!!!!!!!! (we start swim lessons today - watch out world)