Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pregnancy Update

As you have probably already guessed, I won't be blogging every week about my pregnancy. I have a baby journal that I'm keeping and its enough to remember to update that thing.
But let's be honest, no one wants to see my waistline expanding and me tipping the scale. A pregnancy picture might end up on the blog occasionally but it is purely for my sisters/parents pleasure. Let it be known that there will NEVER be bare belly photos posted anywhere....that could be very scary for everyone involved.
But I do enjoy reading the weekly updates from my friends that are pregnant. Helps me put things into perspective sometimes.

I had my 16 week appointment this week and everything still looks and sounds good. I always hope that Tater is alive and well in there, and I haven't done anything yet to screw him up. We finished our genetic testing this week so I'm glad I get to keep some blood for a while.
As usual, I brought a list of questions to ask the doctor and she answered everyone with a smile or laugh. When I left she probably asked for me to be assigned to a new doctor! ha!

We scheduled our "find out the sex" appointment and we're counting down the days for the next 3 weeks. (side note- my brother in law and sister in law are finding out the sex of their baby TODAY...cannot wait to hear!! My guess is a girl) I am already convinced we are having a boy, so I don't feel like it will be a surprise at the appointment. Call me crazy, but I have a strong feeling.

We have discussed some names and usually Mike hates all the crazy names I like. This child might be nameless since both his parents are pretty stubborn. We shall see if any compromises can be made.

But all in all, I have been feeling great and still wearing my normal clothes. I have a little pooch but we all know I have never had a flat stomach. My friend, Ryan, told me to have a pair of maternity pants with me on all my business travels in case I wake up one day and my pants don't fit anymore. great advice!! Knoxville has a lot of great things, but maternity clothes are not on the list.
I went to look this weekend and it was a terrible experience. I am working in Charlotte and Raleigh next week so I will continue my hunt for acceptable maternity clothes.

Besides traveling for work, trying to figure out our living situation and being pregnant...we live a boring life. We're praying for big updates soon!

Happy Hump day!

3 comments:

Erin said...

dude! everyone wants to see your growing belly, so you better post once it pops! and keep posting throughout the pregnancy!

-evb

ps - i hope it's a girl just so you get a shock, hehee :).

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

Hooray Tater! I can't wait for your baby bump to show and make its first blog appearance. Can't wait for your next big news to be about your new home in CLT. PLEASE???

Unknown said...

So exciting Becky! You are too funny in this post... I am with Erin, I hope it's a girl so that you all will be totally shocked!