Over break, I found so many great recipes that I want to try this year. Organizing ALL my Cooking Light recipes and finally catching up on my favorite food blogs helped me uncover some great ones.
I also "warned" Mike that I am going to try some new ingredients when cooking...hopefully we will find some new favorites!
In the mean time, here was the crowd pleaser over Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Crock-pot Mac & Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons light butter, cut into pieces
- 2 cups 2% shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Vermont white sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded Dubliner cheese
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder