Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mother Earth

I will start out by admitting that I'm a lazy recycler (just pretend that is a word). I recycle when I'm at my parents home or if I see a trash can I can throw my plastic bottle in. Otherwise, everything goes into the trash. The city of Charlotte refuses to give our townhouses recycling bins for person use and will only fork over 3 small trashcans for recycling. You would think the 3 trashcans were generous, but not really when they have to service 180 townhouses. All these excuses equal why I haven't been nicknamed "mother earth".

Well over the past few years, I have gotten a LOT of crap from Kelly & Lora. They are both avid recyclers and are very conscious about what they are doing to the earth.

I decided 2010 was a good year for me to become a better steward of the earth.
As of yesterday, I joined the recycling club!! I
bought a few bins and have begun collecting items I can recycle. baby steps folks...

2 comments:

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

HARK! I am so proud! Only now Slim can definitely not stay at your house without her crate - plastic bottles are her most prized possession on earth!

Lora said...

halle-freakin-lujah! Good job lil sis :) If everyone else in the world made a similar effort, the difference would be AWESOME! I hope Mike is recyling with you :) You should email your local representative for the city council to adjust the trash and recyling program for your neighborhood. I know you are good at badgering people :)