Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Weekend 2012

Is the long weekend really over?!  I had such a fun weekend with my husband and hanging out with our friends.  Mike and I worked a little on Friday but spent most of the day hanging out around the house.  Friday night, Mike planned a dinner and movie date night for us.  We headed to dinner downtown and then to a movie.  It was Mike's turn to pick the movie and I found myself with a ticket to "Men in Black 3".  Mike really enjoyed the movie and I'll keep my opinions to myself.

Saturday we worked out, ran errands then spent the rest of the night at home.  Mike had to start the long "smoking" process around dinner time so we spent a lazy evening at home.   We were having a cookout on Sunday and Mike really wanted to make BBQ and chicken.  He was like a little kid in a candy store as he was prepping the pork and chickens.  He got the smokers ready around 7pm and cooked the meat for the next 24 hours.  He slept downstairs on Saturday night so he could tend to the smokers every 2 hours.  

Sunday was "get ready for the cook out" day!  Mike continued to smoke the meat while I went to the grocery store, got the appetizers ready, made a few batches of homemade ice cream and made sure the house was semi-presentable.

Our friends came over on Sunday night and it was SUCH A FUN NIGHT!!  It was the first time we officially entertained at our house and we really enjoyed it.  Everyone brought a delicious side to share and the smoked BBQ and chicken turned out great.  I tried to take pictures as we were getting ready but then forgot to bring out the camera the rest of the evening.  Lucky for me, Erica is really good at taking pictures and managed to snap a few good ones of the group!

Does this not gross you out? But it made my husband so happy!
That's a good looking bunch of friends!



Monday was a VERY lazy day for us.  We worked out, went to the pool and then spent the rest of the day and night on the couch.  I could not have asked for a better weekend.  
Hopefully this weekend was the start of a great summer with sunshine, friends, cookouts and maybe a little baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Mike was practicing for Anderson with Saturday nights sleeping schedule!

Kara said...

Your dress is so cute! Also we saw MIB 3 last week as a sneak preview and my opinion was the same as yours. ;)